Policy Study - Testing and Implementation of the Media Pluralism Monitor
(published January 2015)
Download the MPM2015 Report
Download the MPM2014 Report
More info at: http://monitor.cmpf.eui.eu/
Policy Study - Freedom of Media in the Western Balkans
(published October 2014)
The study analyses media freedom and pluralism in the Western Balkans (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia and Serbia) in light of the EU enlargement policy. The study analyses the overall legal framework and its unsatisfactory levels of implementation, the role and the independence of PSB, the media market, and the status of journalists. It also outlines country-specific profiles, regarding these categories. Read more...
Download the Report
Policy Report - EU competencies in respect of media pluralism and media freedom
(published February 2013)
This independent policy report, written at the request of the European Commission, presents the phenomena of media freedom and pluralism, and the major academic and policy debates surrounding their social, political, economic role and implications. It highlights the importance of media freedom and pluralism for the functioning, sustainability and legitimacy of a democratic government, and therefore the necessity for relevant policy actions. Read more...
Download the Report
Media Freedom/RSC Working Paper Series:
'Freedom and Pluralism of the Media, Society and Markets'
- SIMUNJAK, Maja - Comparative analysis of risks for political independence of public service media across 19 European Union member states
- HULIN, Adeline - Statutory media self-regulation : beneficial or detrimental for media freedom?
- WAGNER, Ben; GOLLATZ, Kirsten; CALDERARO, Andrea - Internet & Human Rights in foreign policy : comparing narratives in the US and EU internet governance agenda
- IOSIFIDIS, PETROS; KATSIREA, IRINI - Public service broadcasting in Greece in the era of austerity
- BROGI ELDA, PARCU PIER LUIGI - The evolving regulation of the media in Europe as an instrument for freedom and pluralism
- VOORHOOF, DIRK - The right to freedom of expression and information under the European Human Rights system : towards a more transparent democratic society
- LUCCHI, NICOLA - The role of Internet access in enabling individual’s rights and freedoms
- CRAUFURD SMITH, Rachael; TAMBINI, Damian -
Measuring Media Plurality in the United Kingdom: Policy Choices and Regulatory Challenges
- BARZANTI, FABRIZIO - Governing the European Audiovisual Space: What modes of governance can facilitate a European approach to media pluralism?